At the following link please find a DHS “progress report” on implementing-9-11-commission-report-progress-2011 (3.6 MB PDF).
The report gives particular attention to:
- Expanding information sharing,
- Developing and implementing risk-based transportation security strategies,
- Strengthening airline passenger pre-screening and targeting terrorist travel,
- Enhancing screening for explosives,
- Protecting cyber networks and critical physical infrastructure,
- Bolstering the security of US borders and identification documents, and
- Ensuring robust privacy and civil rights and civil liberties safeguards.
I have not had time to give the report a fair reading. Will be interested in what you think.