January 28, 2015

DHS Secretary State of Homeland Security hashtag (#StateofDHS ) already busy

Filed under: Immigration — by Christopher Bellavita on January 28, 2015

The DHS announcement about Thursday’s State of Homeland Security speech was short and to the point:

We will be using #StateofDHS for comments on social media.

If you search how people on Twitter are using the hashtag now (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23DHSin2015&src=typd), you’ll see it’s already active with people lobbying for changes in the rules governing Employment Authorization Cards:

“Fix legal families first as we pay taxes n live by rules no matter what. Pass #H4EAD #DHSin2015 @USCIS @DHSgov. H1B spouses lives on hold.”

#DHSin2015 Any updates on #H4EAD on 29th Jan?We are waiting.plz pass the rule and give smile to h4 spouces.@BarackObama Kindly pass d rule.”

#DHSin2015 @BarackObama How much more testing h4’s patience,After so muc request, signing petition, tweeting , emailing no results.passH4EAD”

@pradoreddy: @USCIS @DHSgov #DHSin2015 Please do not force legal H4s to choose bw career and family. They deserve both. Publish #H4EAD Rule”

“Instead of signing petitions,tweeting & waiting ,H4holders could be working & helping US economy right.Pass #H4EAD @USCIS @DHSgov #dhsin2015

The person who told me about this wrote:

“Most tweets using the hashtag are to demand work authorization for spouses of h1B via holders.  I am curious what organization saw the hastag this early and decided to use it.  Kudos to them!”

January 29, 2015 @ 9:41 am

How about Jeh talking about HS drone defense efforts. if any?

Comment by Nirupama

February 3, 2015 @ 2:12 pm

Please pass h4 ead . I am a mom of 3 . Worked for 9 years in companies like Samsung,Philips. I have traveled across world and worked with various ppl. After I shifted US, no job suffering with depression. For my job can not end relation saving family while I continue to suffer. Kids like US they were brought here when they are small they want to continue their studies here. Please pall H4 ead RIN: 1615-AB92.help fa milies like me.

Comment by Mandava

February 3, 2015 @ 2:18 pm

Please pass h4 ead, this rule has been going through different phases of rule making process since 2011 ..it is now in final stage. Why is it getting delayed in spite of own timeline mentioned by USCIS 12/00/2014. Please publish H4 EAD RIN: 1615-AB92

Comment by Legal Immigrant

February 3, 2015 @ 2:48 pm

DHS had set a deadline of December 2014 to publish the final rule in the Federal Register. Even the President has given a green signal to get this rule published soon yet DHS/USCIS is just sitting on this rule without any updates.

This rule was originally proposed in 2012 and the comments period ended more than 6 months ago. Wonder what’s causing the delay in publishing this rule. It’s very disheartening to see priority being given to illegal immigrants in EO as opposed to tax paying law-abiding legal immigrant community.

Please pass H4 EAD rule soon!

Comment by sowmya

February 3, 2015 @ 3:30 pm

Please pass H4EAD for all H1B spouses as soon as possible.

The below categorized H1B spouses will get benefited :

H1B Spouses who are eligible for the criteria (I140 approved and staying beyond 6 years) – Long wait – suffered a lot.

H1B spouses who are not eligible for the criteria – currently suffering a lot and not able to continue their career when they return back to their home country after 6 years.

All moms (H4 Visa) has to sacrifice their career because of their kids wishes (Want to stay in U.S and love to study in U.S).

Please pass the EAD rule soon !

Comment by Mohan

February 3, 2015 @ 3:31 pm

My wife is 7th month pregnant and she is going to office while I’m sitting at home. It really hurts. Please publish #H4EAD

Comment by sudha

February 3, 2015 @ 4:00 pm

please pass H4ead
i am a mom of 2, both born here, we like the life here now.

Comment by Vikram

February 3, 2015 @ 4:07 pm

Please pass H4EAD as early as possible, we have been waiting for this log, we are legals.

Comment by EagerToGetIdentitty

February 3, 2015 @ 4:10 pm

Please pass H4EAD….we just need an identity just like other women in this country do. We want to be part of a growing economy and be able to contribute too. America is called the Land of Opportunity for a reason.

Comment by Naga

February 3, 2015 @ 4:11 pm

I did masters in Bio-Chemistry, Genetics, Physics science but should not work in US on H4. Please approve H4EAD law asap, we have been waiting for this long back.

Comment by sheeba

February 3, 2015 @ 4:19 pm

I came to united states april 2001… 7 years I worked as a programmer … be ause of my daughter health I have to go on h4… last 7 years I am on h4 visa. I have two options to leave the country or stay here. I choose to stay here….because I don’t want my daughter to suffer like me …please help passi g h4 ead. It will help me and others like
Me… thank you mr president.. please pass#h4ead

Comment by manoj

February 3, 2015 @ 4:33 pm

Please pass h4 ead rule.

Comment by Anchal

February 3, 2015 @ 4:40 pm

I am a chemical engineering graduate from Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, one of the most premier institutes of India. But I am home-bound as I do not have authorization to work. I request, please pass H4EAD rule. There are many of us who have been suffering because of this.

Comment by Priyadarshini Balpande.

February 3, 2015 @ 6:01 pm

Sitting idle for 9 years because of h4 restriction .
I have done engg in electronics .
I request to pass the H4EAD rule .

Comment by Gurmeet

February 3, 2015 @ 6:16 pm

The rule should be passed by now. It’s taking ages…

Comment by Ankit

February 3, 2015 @ 8:41 pm

Please pass H4 EAD bill !

Comment by murali

February 3, 2015 @ 10:02 pm

Please pass H4 EAD rule. It will help lot of families. We have been waiting for this for a long time.